Dell Latitude D610 Laptop Computer System Centrino/Pentium M Processor Wireless XP Pro


good value4

It has served me well the few weeks I have had it now. The wi-fi is keeping me connected as I'm typing this from a hotel room. The processor is nice and fast. There are four high-speed USB connections. The unit is solidly built (perhaps a mite heavy).



My only criticisms are as follows:



The screen resolution doesn't look quite as sharp as on my desktop monitor. I'd say maybe 85% as sharp so it's usually barely noticeable. The other thing is that the soundcard doesn't have all the mixer capabilities you might expect to find in a desktop. I don't know if this is common in laptops and I sort of stumbled upon the issue. But I got around it by purchasing an external mixer from the Guitar Center.



I initially intended it only as a travel companion but have since begun using it in my recording studio (with Cakewalk Music Creator). Oh and to play SimCity (which doesn't work on Vista!) All in all I am quite satisfied with it.



The seller shipped it out immediately and it arrived by FedEx or UPS (I forget which) in a matter of days (two or three as I recall -- it was quick).More detail ...